Our Hero, Maxx!

Our Hero, Maxx!
Maxx was born with dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa; a rare, genetic disease that leaves blistering and open wounds on the body.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day Two in Chicago!


Today was a fun and exhausting day! I was up at 5:15am to do my morning run, only to find out it was pouring out, so..........I headed to the workout room in the hotel. I met Deanna Linz who was also working out. We made a connection, and I was able to get to know her more today. She is a great lady! I also got to know more about Mrs. Southern States and Mrs. Pennsylvania...........both of whom are also fantastic women! We boarded the bus for a tour of downtown Chicago at 7:45am. We took a double decker bus tour of the city and learned about the architecture and history of the city. I loved it! We also got to enjoy some shopping on Michigan Avenue as well! I didn't buy a thing...........I know, that's crazy isn't it?

We returned to the hotel for a make-up seminar and then we were off to rehearsals! We learned the opening number, and it is fabulous! The women were all great and so caring to one another. What a great experience this has been so far! Interviews are tomorrow..........followed by more rehearsals and a meet and greet with Chamber members and judges. Time is flying! While I have only been here two days, I have learned that not only do we wear a crown atop our heads, but all of us wear a crown on our heart !

(Pennsylvania and Ohio)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are enjoying you time with the other Mrs. and your time in Chicago!! You in my prayers...Good Luck in interview!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete