Our Hero, Maxx!

Our Hero, Maxx!
Maxx was born with dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa; a rare, genetic disease that leaves blistering and open wounds on the body.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day Three in Chicago....Interviews/Formal Night

Good evening all of my lovely friends and family! It was a fabulous day in Chicago today! Interviews were today, as well as the formal dinner and meet and greet with the Chicago Chamber members. My interview time was not until 1:50, as I am contestant 43 out of 48! I went to sleep last night thinking how nice it was going to be to snooze in, but my internal alarm clock kicked in at 6am..........so I got up and took my run. It was nice to be able to be leisurely this morning. I did a little shopping and then came back to get ready for my interview; what a GREAT interview it was! The judges are fantastic and made me feel very comfortable! I left feeling not only confident, but extremely happy that I was able to speak from my heart about EB and what becoming Mrs. International would mean for DebRA of America and EB sufferers.
We rehearsed for a couple of hours and then it was off to get ready for the dinner. We had a meet and greet with the Chicago Chamber of Commerce members, followed by a group picture in front of the theater. Dinner was at the top of the hotel in the Monaco room, which has a stunning view of downtown Chicago! I sat with a group of women that I have not had the chance to get to know yet, so it was great hearing every one's story. My table played a fun game during dinner with Q & A. "Describe your husband in one word" "If you could have any dream job, what would it be?" This created laughing, crying, and above all speaking from the heart. I keep saying this, but I am so happy I have this opportunity...........it is and continues to be amazing! Prelims are tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You look so beautiful. I am so very PROUD to call you my big sister! You make me want to be a better person. I love you very much. Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you! Thank you for being such a great representative of Ohio! Thanks for being TRUE to you... to Maxx... to EB... to the International Program!

    ReplyDelete