Our Hero, Maxx!

Our Hero, Maxx!
Maxx was born with dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa; a rare, genetic disease that leaves blistering and open wounds on the body.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day One in Chicago!

I arrived in Chicago today and already, I have met some fantastic ladies! My roommate is Diane Lebson, Mrs. Washington D.C. She left a beautiful note and gift for me when I arrived. I look forward to getting to know her better! I was able to make contact with a few of the women through FB a couple months back. It was so great to meet them in person! I am so excited to be here representing Ohio and DebRA of America, but I am especially happy to be able to spread the message about EB and my son Maxx! We have orientation this evening, and I am looking forward to meeting all the ladies. I will be up bright and early tomorrow morning for my run, and a tour of the downtown Chicago! I will post more pictures tomorrow...........more of the other women, touring, etc. I love you all for the tremendous amount of support you have given me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment