Our Hero, Maxx!

Our Hero, Maxx!
Maxx was born with dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa; a rare, genetic disease that leaves blistering and open wounds on the body.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day Four in Chicago.....Prelims

Hello all! What a busy day Friday was! We were in rehearsals all day, and then our lovely husbands arrived to practice their part of the show...........evening gown. I was so happy to see Jason. I have missed him this week, as well as my children. Prelims were amazing! Everyone was so excited and looked stunning! Mrs. Middle East won the photogenic award. She is a lovely women with a great message about oral cancer. The end of the show was very emotional for me. I don't know what came over me, but when everyone stood up and applauded, I felt a wave of emotions. At that moment, I thought how lucky I truly was to be standing on that stage with 47 other women who were all there to tell others about their passion and work in life!



No comments:

Post a Comment