Our Hero, Maxx!

Our Hero, Maxx!
Maxx was born with dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa; a rare, genetic disease that leaves blistering and open wounds on the body.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Butterfly Benefit in Louisville, KY






We just arrived home from Louisville where we attended the "Butterfly Benefit" for EB. Leslie Rader is the organizer of the event. She lost her little girl to EB and has been very proactive in raising research dollars and awareness for EB through DebRa of America. This was our 4th year attending the event. It is a fahsion show/silent auction and lunch. The day was beautiful and my little man Maxx was part of the show. He did an amazing job! My family was able to meet two new EB families from TN and IN. I love being part of such a wonderful event! Today was my last appearance as Mrs. Ohio. I pass my title on to the next amazing woman on April 10th. My year has been more than I ever expected. My family and I have been blessed to have the opportunites that have been given to us. We are off to Florida on Monday morning to visit with family! Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment